Monday, July 4, 2016

Fushimi Inari-taisha 2016



                 Yesterday my wonderful host mother decided to take me out to explore Japan! We went to a few places, but the most memorable was Fushimi Inari-taisha, the fox shrine. As some of you may know i'm a huge dork when it comes to foxes, so of course the nerd in me came out when we went to the fox shrine! I took pictures with almost everything there. Thankfully I wasn't the only foreigner who did so. 

Unfortunately we didn't make it all the way to the top. It was WAY to hot and as you can see i was wearing long sleeves! We did climb for at least an hour though, maybe because i stopped to take some pictures, but we did make it a good way up. I'll post a video on my Youtube for everyone to see eventually!
On the way up we seen so many cute shops, gosh i wish i had brought more money! No,.. I don't, i would have spent it all. 


^ Kitty-Chan!!

While we were at the shrine we did the typical Japanese things. We prayed, got paper fortunes, prayed again, and wrote down wishes on white fox cut out and hung them up. Although I didn't, many people made a wish on a special stone at the shrine. 
How the stone works:
First you toss some Yen ( Japanese Currency) into a hole in the concrete around the stone. Next you clap your hands and make a wish. After you make your wish you lift the stone off its holder. If the stone is light, your wish will come true. If it's heavy, well your out of luck. 




While at the shrine we seen many, many candles burning in certain areas. It was so beautiful!  I love the natural light candles create. Even though we didn't make it all the way to the top I seen so much. I hope that someday everyone who reads this will be able to see how beautiful this place is in person.

Peace-
Strawberry 

No comments:

Post a Comment