Tuesday, July 5, 2016

My trip to NipponBashi

Yesterday Rose ( another American student who attends my Japanese High school) decided to venture out into Osaka on our own. Even though Rose has only been in Japan for three months she can get around pretty much on her own. Unlike myself who needs to be walked to the school in order to find her way home.


NipponBashi was so huge! I'm glad I had rose with me. Even though we didn't "get lost" we did a lot of extra walking to find a store. A store.. ha! We all know i was looking for the anime store. I didn't take any videos in the anime store Rose showed me for many reasons. One being that a good portion  of the first floor was nothing but hentai and body pillows with explicit content on them. So there's no video of the shop, but i can do my best to tell you what was in the "pg" part of the store.
So on the first floor there was obviously the "adult" area, but the second floor was absolutely heaven for me. It was anime key-chains, posters, random accessories for days!! There was even a cosplay section. It was just so perfect, i didnt want to leave! 

Without even realizing it we spent over 2 hours exploring the store. After forcing ourselves to leave the amazing anime store we went to look for lunch. Since we're both living in Japan you would think we would eat some traditional food right? Wrong.  We ate pancakes and had french vanilla lattes.


After lunch we had to head home because it was already 15:00 ( 3 O'clock PM) and she had to be home by 17:00 ( 5 O'clock PM) . We didn't leave before the nerd ( Me) seen Iron man and had a mini fan girl attack. So of course I made Rose pose with him. 

After searching for the train station , and Rose asking for directions ( In Japanese!) we finally found it an hour after we started searching. We walked past it twice. Unlike on the way to NipponBashi we didn't have to take the Subway to get home. Just two trains. 

Yesterday was the first time I've walked home alone from momodoni station. It was a lot easier than i thought it would be. I think i'm finally getting used to being in Japan. It's to bad I only have three weeks left!

No comments:

Post a Comment